1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Books for javascript beginers

Hi,

I am new to javascript language.Pls someone help me giving any resource for learning books.

Thanks & Regards
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, sunipun786.

Simply JavaScript is good for beginners. (It's available in both hard copy -- paperback -- and electronic formats.) The site offers a free preview of the book.

I also recommend ppk on JavaScript.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture

The books in that series actually use a really good teaching method that use a number of different ways of presenting the same information so that you actually learn the material properly. The books are just about as far from being childish as it is possible for a book to be as the teach9ing approach they use is very advanced and ensures that anyone who works their way through the book actually doing all the things it says to do will end up actually knowing and being able to remember all of the material in the book.

The other books are all closer to being reference books for those who already know at least some of what they are talking about. Using any of them to learn from you'd be lucky to remember 10% of what the book says a month after you read it rather than being able to remember almost everything from an HF book (to a large extent because of the unusual/wacky ways that the book uses to reinforce the material so that you can't forget it).
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, bolainmarsh6.

Why did you copy Stephen Chapman's post from a thread on SitePoint?

I assume you are not him, because I'm pretty sure he already has an account here (though he posts here very rarely).
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by sunipun786
    Hi,

I am new to javascript language.Pls someone help me giving any resource for learning books.

Thanks & Regards

" Beginning JavaScript and CSS Development with jQuery " BY Richard York is the Best Book for learning javascript language

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo