1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Button using JS with functionality of F11 keyboard key

Hi,
    I want to make a button which if pressed works as if F11 key on keyboard is pressed.
    For button html would be like this (I think)

<button type="button" onclick="some function">FullScreen</button>

Now I don't know what function would go in that onclick as I don't have the JS. One more thing that would be nice if the text 'FULLSCREEN' changes to 'NORMAL WINDOW' when the button is pressed, so that the user could realize that they have to press the same button again to get out of fullscreen, it would be like toggle at every click text changes from 'FULLSCREEN' to 'NORMAL WINDOW' and then if pressed again changing to 'FULLSCREEN'.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I am fairly sure that there is no JavaScript function that will allow you to do this.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I've tried to do something similar before. As far as I can tell, that is not possible.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    I've tried to do something similar before. As far as I can tell, that is not possible.
    Well I think you are right

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo