1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2000
    Rep Power

    Is this possible and what is it called


    Lately I have been doing a lot of JavaScript development and I am primarily a LAMP developer. I basically only sprinkle JavaScript into my code when needed. I am currently using the drag and drop features of Javascript. I am dragging text from one box and dropping it into another box... Here is my question... It it possible that when I drag the text from one box and drop it into another box, that the text automatically changes into may a text input box or into an image or something? If it is possible, what is the name of that JavaScript process?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Rep Power
    Converting static text into an edit box is often called inline editing or in-place editing.

    You can't change text into an image using JavaScript, although if you want to do some graphical manipulation on the text you might be able to do it with an HTML5 canvas element.

    Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo