1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Create a dynamic layout

Hi

I know Jquery does draggable which is pretty much what I need.

What I need is for a user will create basic element of a page:

Logo, Background image, form, text etc. Be able to move them around and once done, I would like the code for that "layout" to be produced.

Having said that I *think* http://gridster.net/ changes the HTML behind the scenes when you drag the contents around so then I can ask users to view source and copy.

(of course, if anyone has a better solution, please do let me know)
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Do an online search for a "jQuery WYSIWYG Editor"; you should be able to get a few examples; on how to do, what your wanting to do.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

thanks but that is not what I WANTED. did you read my post? i need some script that would allow me to layout a page not create it
  7. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by paulh1983
    thanks but that is not what I WANTED. did you read my post? i need some script that would allow me to layout a page not create it
    Obviously I did... or I would not be able to respond to your question with the right answer. I can tell you did not even look into what I told you to; because what your wanting... is to be able to create a WYSIWYG or Rich Text editor. Before you automatically assume someone is wrong; do a little research first and see if they are or not.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo