June 30th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Desktop vs. Laptop scripting problem
We have a somewhat complex scripting problem involving a web site, desktop computers and laptop computers.
Everything works perfectly with Windows XP. However, with Windows 7, the code work correctly on a desktop computer but almost always fails at the second file on a laptop computer. We put some debugging code and we can clearly see that the file exists on the server and that the destination folder exists too.
The web site is in the Trusted site list so Protected Mode IE is disabled. We tried disabling UAC and running as administrator to no avail. All computers have been installed using the exact same pre-packaged Windows 7 image. Also, if we open in the file share in Windows Explorer (explorer.exe \\server\dev\transit) the download works as expected on laptop computers. We thought of disabling SMB 2.0 but it did not change anything.
Since this application is used by our laptop users, it is intolerable to ask them to open the file share. I’d like to have some ideas about what would be the difference with filesystemobject on a desktop and a laptop.
Thank you for your help
June 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM
There is no difference.
I have no idea what the problem might be, but the fact that one system is a desktop and another is a laptop isn't it. The problem could be due to the systems have different hardware, but it's not likely.