1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Detect a specific browser

i have two download links
    1. download extension for chrome

2. download extension for firefox

i want the chrome download link appear in chrome browser and hide the firefox link in chrome browser

and want to show firefox link in firefox only and hide the chrome link

is that possible?
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Do an online search for "browser detection" and/or "browser sniffing". You should find several examples, on how to do this.
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Please don't. What harm is there in letting people know that the extension is available for both browsers?

This is a much abused and misused practice. Did you know that many browsers can be configured to claim to be some other browser? Why rely on something that is unreliable by its very nature?

Comments on this post

• web_loone08 agrees : Just saying..., I think it probably could be done. Just answers OP question. No harm, no foul meant. :)
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    Please don't. What harm is there in letting people know that the extension is available for both browsers?

This is a much abused and misused practice. Did you know that many browsers can be configured to claim to be some other browser? Why rely on something that is unreliable by its very nature?
    thanks for your advice

Comments on this post

• web_loone08 agrees : And..., your "also" welcome. ;)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo