Thread: DHTML Help

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post DHTML Help

Hey yall, i need your help with this one.

What I'm trying to go for is the same scroll effect as in www.sony.com.au, or even better (although it's in flash), the look of the image gallery at www.tombraidermovie.com. I've gotten this so far.

I have a layer inside another layer. The inside layer is my content, the outside layer is the parimeters. I can scroll the inside layer in around and have it contained.

But now I need a script that will allow me to use two images to scroll the layer right or left, or use more than two images to have varying speeds of scroll, and also, if possible, have a script that will make the layer repeat itself much like a background repeats itself in webpages, just so that the content will remain the same,but will seem infinate. Basically, exactly like the www.sony.com.au site, does anybody know where I can get such a script, the sony site did a good job of hiding their source code. Plus, I only know html and php4/mysql. Any suggestings will be appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Not sure about the moral end of this, but here goes:

linked scroller scripts:
    http://www.sony.com.au/dynhtml.js
    http://www.sony.com.au/360scroller.js

On windows IE you just tab to the different frames and then press the right click button on your keyboard (if you have one - between the right ctrl and the windows key!!) - you can then choose view source for the frame.

To get to the scroller frame click into the list box on the top right and press tab once...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo