1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation DHTML Scroll Problems in NN

Hello All!

I am turning to this site because I am having an interesting dilemma in NN using a javascript scroll command. I know what is causing the problem all I need is help dealing with resolving the issue. I've got a page comprised of frames that when you view a page larger than the window, the contents will scroll (at least in IE it does). The site is housed at http://working.depotdesign.com/hanes/ . An example of the pages in question would be from the first link on the left "History". What is causing the error is the fact that I have declared scrolling="NO" to that frame in the parent frame. I have tried it with the scrolling set to auto, default and yes and they of course work. The problem is that I don't want the page to have a scroll bar sitting in the middle of the window. It won't flow with the site. Is there any way possible to hide the scrollbar. To make matters even a little further complicated, the background is an image not a color. I know I can change the attributes of the scrollbar but I have only seen it accomplished in IE. If someone can tell me how to change the colors in NN I can change it that way, I've just never seen it work in that browser. Thanks in Advance!

Joe Keilholz

(BTW: Sorry if this post is a little long winded but I felt it was necessary to explain the situation)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Seņor Member
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Instead of building the site in frames, how about creating your effect with <div>s? Here is an example that is close to what I mean... I know there are others, but I can't find them right now: <http://www.webreference.com/js/column13/elements.html>
    Michael

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo