1. Flash Master / PHP Jester
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Drawing variables from various DHTML layers.

Scenario:

I have a page with session variables in the URL. A new DHTML layer is created with a flash movie. This movie calls a php script that sends the variables in. However, since it is on a new layer, the variables don't seem to exist there.

This is the script I am currently using:

PHP Code:
    <?

print "&tid=$tid";
    print 
    "&username=$username";

?>
    Question:

Is there a way that I can modify this script to draw these variables from the bottom layer that would contain the variables?

-Joe
  3. No Profile Picture
    small, green, and connected

if you mean that you have the session id in the url, you just need to make sure that whatever php script you call with the flash also has the session id in the url

-wg <><
  5. Flash Master / PHP Jester

strangely, we called the flash movie with the id in the url but for some reason. it wasn't available.

-Joe
  7. No Profile Picture
    small, green, and connected

if the flash movie calls a php script, then that php script needs to know about the session variable. try making that call include the session id.

-wg <><

P.S. - I have zero experience calling php from flash, so I don't know exactly what you mean by that. I observe that some people put the content of html pages in to their flash. If that's how this is working, what you need is for the session id to be in the url called in the flash movie.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo