1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dynamic Dropdown Box changes

Hi All.

I have a javascript function that changes the value of the next dropdown box based on an onchange event as shown below. What I want to do is if the user selects for instance "software manufacturer" then it is never available again in any of the next dropdown boxes.

I can get this to work for the next checkbox but it comes back again for the 3rd checkbox.

Hope you understand

Code:
     onchange="fillSelect(this,categories[this.value]
    Code:
    var categories = [];

categories["startList"] = ["Software Manufacturer","Product Name","Product Version","Keep Existing","Ignore"]

categories["Software Manufacturer"] = ["Product Name","Product Version","Keep Existing","Ignore"];

categories["Product Name"] = ["Software Manufacturer","Product Version","Keep Existing","Ignore"];

categories["Product Version"] = ["Software Manufacturer","Product Name","Keep Existing","Ignore"];

categories["Keep Existing"] = ["Software Manufacturer","Product Name","Product Version","Keep Existing","Ignore"];

categories["Ignore"] = ["Software Manufacturer","Product Name","Product Version","Keep Existing","Ignore"];
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Looks like you are missing a few things. Do an online search for a "chained select menu" and you should get several results, on tutorials/examples; relating to this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo