1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Extracting datas from a Javascript generated page!

Hi everybody,

I'm developing a little homemade application to organize my next holiday, I'm still in the desinging phase and I didn't choose the language yet. However I know that i need to download data from a page generated by Javascript code.

In details, I need to store in a database the prices you see in this page (ht tp: //w ww.moby.it/mds/web/wcalendario_it.xpd?lang=it&linea=LO&nPax=1&nVei=0&mm_yyyy=). Obviously the prices are dinamically generated by Javascript code, but since I know nothing about this language, I'm here to ask the experts how could i extract those data from the site, knowing that i could need to surf the calendar (e.g. change the month).

I know this is a strange question - because it doesn't necessarily concern developing Javascript - but who could solve this problem better than Javascript experts? ^^

Thanks in advance!
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Are you wanting to download some type of data file to a local computer or are you wanting to display some type of data, in your page, with JavaScript? I do not quit understand what your trying to accomplish.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

It would be better if I manage to store them in a database someway: I would like the program to find the cheapest holiday solution given a certain period of time (e.g. first and second week of august).
    I'm compiling some tables with camping prices and this part would help me to acquire ferry-boat prices
  7. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

So you want to pull data from another site and store it in your database; so that you may use this data later, in a table (that is in a page, from within your domain)... is this correct?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo