1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Firefox - retrieve address of Frame

I have a web site that is written using Frames. I want to retrieve the address of one frame from another frame so have used the command

Code:
    ref =  parent.mainFrame.location
    where mainFrame is the name of the frame whose address I'm trying to retrieve.

This code works fine in IE9, Avant, Chrome, Safari but doesn't work with Firefox. Can someone help please?
  3. No Profile Picture

What does the frameset HTML look like?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As follows....

Code:
    <frameset rows="80,1*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0"> 
      <frame name="topFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="frm_top.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" >
      <frameset rows="10*,27" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0" cols="*"> 
        <frameset cols="12%,88%" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0"> 
          <frame name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="frm_left.php" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
          <frameset rows="80,1*" cols = "100%" border="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO"> 
              <frame src="frm_welcome_title.php" name="titleFrame" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO" scrolling="NO" noresize>
            <frame name="mainFrame" src="frm_welcome.php" scrolling="YES" noresize marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="NO">
          </frameset>
        </frameset>
        <frame name="bottomFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="frm_bottom.html" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
      </frameset>
    </frameset>
    <noframes>
    The code is executed from titleFrame.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I built a demo template to try to analyse the problem and now know what the problem is but not how to solve it. The Forum administrators may want to move this topic as a result.

Under certain circumstance I load a pdf document into the mainFrame using a frame written in php and, following anaysis, then issue the appropriate command to load a pdf file to replace the php page in mainFrame.

I then retrive the URL of this mainFrame page (in order to change the displayed page to a different pdf document).

This works in all browsers except Firefox. In Firefox it works if the mainFrame page is html or php but not if it is pdf.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo