1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

functions to pause/resume a loading page with javascript?

Certain links on my page open in a new window and when they get clicked i want the page to pause loading onBlur so the new window can load, then resume loading onFocus.

Do these functions exist? Also is there any resources/sites on the net with a javascript manual listing all of it's functions and their usage?

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can only stop a page loading with window.stop();
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

... but you cannot resume. only reload()

for your other question (a javascript manual listing all of it's functions and their usage?):
    no. not one. there is several. and they are all different as the implementations are browser- and version-dependent

you can find the "JavaScript Reference" and "Client-Side JavaScript Guide" (v1.0-1.5) on www.netscape.com and you can find a lot of pieces of information on www.microsoft.com and msdn.microsoft.com as well as MSīs "JScript Reference". Not sure if they tell which version of their browser implements which functions (and which functions actually work) as they donīt seem to care but try to force you to get the newest one anyway...

from my experience: there is no other way to make javascript work on all browsers but you have to test it on all browsers.

... what a sad post, not a single smile ...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well,Mozilla has the best JavaScript support,it supports JavaScript 1.5.You can find a reference of JavaScript 1.5 at http://devedge.netscape.com/library/...ipt/1.5/guide/ .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo