#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Header menu bar animation stops working


    hi,
    I have a website a1brandz (dot) com its header menu drop down animation stops working whenever i try remove twitter updates box from inner pages. It stops working even I add any other script like floating twitter call and chat button similar to home page.

    Strangely header menu drop down animation working fine at home page. The problem is just with inner pages.

    Also I am unable to locate the file which is animating the header menu bar.

    Please help.
  2. #2
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    10,847
    Rep Power
    6351
    Moving this to the javascript forum since this is most likely a client-side scripting issue.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

    "The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

    Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Moving this to the javascript forum since this is most likely a client-side scripting issue.
    Please tell me how to move this.
  6. #4
  7. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Rep Power
    119
    Originally Posted by shashikant2011
    hi,
    I have a website a1brandz (dot) com its header menu drop down animation stops working whenever i try remove twitter updates box from inner pages. It stops working even I add any other script like floating twitter call and chat button similar to home page.

    Strangely header menu drop down animation working fine at home page. The problem is just with inner pages.

    Also I am unable to locate the file which is animating the header menu bar.

    Please help.
    Look in your browser's developer console and see what kind of error it is giving you. That would probably be your best bet for diagnosing your problem.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by web_loone08
    Look in your browser's developer console and see what kind of error it is giving you. That would probably be your best bet for diagnosing your problem.
    It is returning error "Uncaught Type Error:Object[object Object] has no method 'bx Slider'

    Code:
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){jQuery("#home-banner-wrapper ul").attr("id","slider1");jQuery('#slider1').bxSlider({controls:false,auto:true,pause:9000,pager:true});jQuery('.bx-pager a').html('');});jQuery(document).ready(function(){jQuery("#investor-banner-wrapper ul").attr("id","slider2");jQuery('#slider2').bxSlider({controls:false,auto:true,pause:9000,pager:true});jQuery('.bx-pager a').html('');jQuery("ul#slider1 li").css({"display":"block"});jQuery("ul#slider2 li").css({"display":"block"});});(function($){$.fn.bxSlider=function(options){var defaults={mode:'horizontal',infiniteLoop:true,hideControlOnEnd:false,controls:true,speed:500,easing:'swing',pager:false,pagerSelector:null,pagerType:'full',pagerLocation:'bottom',pagerShortSeparator:'/',pagerActiveClass:'pager-active',nextText:'next',nextImage:'',nextSelector:null,prevText:'prev',prevImage:'',prevSelector:null,captions:false,captionsSelector:null,auto:false,autoDirection:'next',autoControls:false,autoControlsSelector:null,autoStart:true,autoHover:false,autoDelay:0,pause:3000,startText:'start',startImage:'',stopText:'stop',stopImage:'',ticker:false,tickerSpeed:5000,tickerDirection:'next',tickerHover:false,wrapperClass:'bx-wrapper',startingSlide:0,displaySlideQty:1,moveSlideQty:1,randomStart:false,onBeforeSlide:function(){},onAfterSlide:function(){},onLastSlide:function(){},onFirstSlide:function(){},onNextSlide:function(){},onPrevSlide:function(){},buildPager:null}
  10. #6
  11. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,110
    Rep Power
    119
    Looks like you got an error with a jQuery slider plugin. You probably need to look into resolving that issue, because this is more then likely preventing the rest of your code from work properly.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by shashikant2011
    It is returning error "Uncaught Type Error:Object[object Object] has no method 'bx Slider'

    Code:
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){jQuery("#home-banner-wrapper ul").attr("id","slider1");jQuery('#slider1').bxSlider({controls:false,auto:true,pause:9000,pager:true});jQuery('.bx-pager a').html('');});jQuery(document).ready(function(){jQuery("#investor-banner-wrapper ul").attr("id","slider2");jQuery('#slider2').bxSlider({controls:false,auto:true,pause:9000,pager:true});jQuery('.bx-pager a').html('');jQuery("ul#slider1 li").css({"display":"block"});jQuery("ul#slider2 li").css({"display":"block"});});(function($){$.fn.bxSlider=function(options){var defaults={mode:'horizontal',infiniteLoop:true,hideControlOnEnd:false,controls:true,speed:500,easing:'swing',pager:false,pagerSelector:null,pagerType:'full',pagerLocation:'bottom',pagerShortSeparator:'/',pagerActiveClass:'pager-active',nextText:'next',nextImage:'',nextSelector:null,prevText:'prev',prevImage:'',prevSelector:null,captions:false,captionsSelector:null,auto:false,autoDirection:'next',autoControls:false,autoControlsSelector:null,autoStart:true,autoHover:false,autoDelay:0,pause:3000,startText:'start',startImage:'',stopText:'stop',stopImage:'',ticker:false,tickerSpeed:5000,tickerDirection:'next',tickerHover:false,wrapperClass:'bx-wrapper',startingSlide:0,displaySlideQty:1,moveSlideQty:1,randomStart:false,onBeforeSlide:function(){},onAfterSlide:function(){},onLastSlide:function(){},onFirstSlide:function(){},onNextSlide:function(){},onPrevSlide:function(){},buildPager:null}
    Can anyone here help me out of this problem. I tried all sorts of things but all proved in vain.
  14. #8
  15. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    10,847
    Rep Power
    6351
    Not while your code is all one gigantic line.

    Also, have you checked your error console for the error web_loone08 mentioned?
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

    "The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

    Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo