1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with customizing javascript...

this is the javascript i want to customize...when i put it on my website in <script>tags it looks pretty ugly, can't attach a picture , but it has big huge letters. how do i make them look normal?

can you help me customize it so it will look pretty.
    i can't modify the script because i don't own it. they said you can modify it using css, but how?
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, gr8_boi52.

The general method is to use a DOM Inspector, like Firebug for Firefox, to look at the structure (as in HTML elements) that the script creates and then apply styles to those elements.

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.

An annotated screenshot can be helpful in answering questions. However, there is also a policy that prevents users from posting attachments until they have 30 posts and have been a member for 30 days, so if needed http://imageshack.us/ can be used to host images.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i figured it out eventually, the solution was that i had to assign a class for the script and style it using css. it was as simple as that, but never tried it. thanks for your help tho. and lol thanks for that trick for uplaoding pics

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo