1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy [HELP]Make a div appear when the answer is correct in a textbox on the webpage

i have some private article on my website and want only certain people to see it.

so is there a way to have user answer a secret question and then view a specific text text.
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by gr8_boi52
    i have some private article on my website and want only certain people to see it.

so is there a way to have user answer a secret question and then view a specific text text.
    You can do this with JavaScript/AJAX; but it is not secure. Via just JavaScript would be the most insecure and via AJAX is more secure, but I would stipulate to say it is not 100% secure. I personally would do this with just a server side language and a database.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by web_loone08
    You can do this with JavaScript/AJAX; but it is not secure. Via just JavaScript would be the most insecure and via AJAX is more secure, but I would stipulate to say it is not 100% secure. I personally would do this with just a server side language and a database.
    I am sorry, but i have no experience in javascript nor AJAX,nor the database u ate talking about....would u help me further?
  7. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by gr8_boi52
    I am sorry, but i have no experience in javascript nor AJAX,nor the database u ate talking about....would u help me further?
    I would suggest, that you do an online search and find some beginners tutorials, about: JavaScript, AJAX, and Server Side Languages. That is the best assistance, that I can give you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo