1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

need help with javascript

Can someone help me find an alternative to the "onClick" function.
    I am trying to alter another user code. In the code below, I am trying to set the variable "nFlocBy = ByAddress" when the user does an onClick event. Can someone help me find an alternate way of coding where I want to set "nFlocBy = ByAddress" without having the user do the onclick event.

In the code below, if address2 is not null then set the radio button to be checked and when the user click on the radio button, set nFlocBy = ByAddress. How can I skip the onclick event and make it where nFlocBy = ByAddress without having to go through the onclick event.

If you think about it, why would the user have to click on the radio button if its already check. for some reason, my program will not work unless the button is clicked. please help

thanks ahead

<%

if ((!Address2==null) || (!Address2=="")){
    strFLocBy = "2";
    ByAddress = "2";
    }
    %>
    <input type="radio" name="FLocBy" value="2"<%= Check( strFLocBy, ByAddress) %> onClick="nFLocBy=ByAddress">
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't know if this would work for your situation, but you can always but the function in an onLoad command within the body tag. That way, the variable will be set as the page loads.
  5. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb An idea I haven't tested

what you can do is to send the event message to the radio button. I don't know if it's possible, but it should be. and my idea would flow something like this:

function yourFunctionThatTestsSomeValue() {
    if(theObjectThatYouAreInterestedIn.hasSomeValue()) {
    /*the value that you tested was found*/
    radioObjectThatYouWantToChange.click();
    /*cause the radioobject to do whatever its onclick handler says to do*/
    }

Check out devguu.com where I see that the radiobutton object does have this type of method.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo