1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I run a directory of shockwave and java games. I've just implemented a new system to allow users of my site to rate the games. It uses a combination of JavaScript/DHTML/IFRAMES to get the job done. Please visit http://www.allgamesfree.com/simple_agfree_js2.html and click the links to see the rating panels appear.

In some versions of Internet Explorer 5.0 it's causing the browser to crash. It gives an error about an internal error and then the this program has performed an illegal operation dialog.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? It seems like pretty simple code, and I just can't understand why it is crashing certain browsers!

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

WOW..

Thats not something you see every day from a simple script unless you on a Mac

This is the only thing I can think could be the problem, may or may not work but get back to me and let me know.

when you've run the cs function on both links you haven't sent numbers 238 ans 237 as strings but rather you've just done

cs(237,rateframe237)

because 237, and 238 are being used are parts of an address they should be treated as a string I believe. fname should be a string as well I believe..

so do

cs('237','rateframe237')

instead, this should hopfully this the problem if not I'm confused becaused I can't find anything else and even crashing the the browser is an odd response...

The only times I've managed to do that is when I have gone out of my way too!!

Let me know how it goes,
    Grant

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo