1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

HTML5 and javascript replacement for local offline mode

Hello,

I would like to implement a client interface for adding Metadata on Image files. User's Metadata is uniquely identified by picture coordinates and it is show when the end user "mouse over" those coordinates.

I know this can quiet easily be done with HTML5 and Javascript or other client side libraries on the web. (For example Stipple and Thinklink are doing those things).

However, I wish to create a similar interface that needs to be entirely local and offline. meaning:

1.Picture's Metadata is encapsulated and saved on client local PC as long with original picture. (saved with a unique extension file)

2. No Browser involved. When user double clicks his newly saved file , The picture image is shown as long with Metadata interactivity base on user's mouse movement. (A dedicated viewer)

I am now considering the fastest development technology stack to implement such project.

I know HTML and JavaScript supports offline mode as well but in terms of user experience I wish the interface will be as clean as possible displaying only the picture and its metadata with no menus or navigation tool bars.

Kindly appreciate your advice.

Romy.
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

It sounds like you may need a program like Visual Basic or VB.net or etc., to create a stand alone program / executable file; that can be accessed and used by a computer's operating system. That might be your best approach; to forgo browser interaction all together and use software to create a program, to do what your wanting to do.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo