1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry IFrame and Javascript

hey,

I am in desperate need of a mechanism through which i can tell if a page in an IFRAME has redirected to another page. Specifically i want to run a javascript function AFTER the page in the iframe has changed (been redirected to another page).

i have no problem attaching a function to the onunload event of the page. the problem is that onunload is obviously not the same a onload of the new page. so i get stuck in a situation where i know the page has just unloaded but the new page hasn;t loaded.

so there are 2 things that would help me:

1) a way in javascript written on the page containing the iframe to tell the browser to let the iframe continue loading after i recognize the onunload event. that way i can call that function and when it is done i know that the new ifram page has loaded.

2) a way to make an event happen in the iframe AFTER a new page has loaded in the frame. this event needs to be viewable by the page containing the iframe tag.

thanks for any help

-me
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Found answer

well,

searched around for a couple of hours and i finally found my own answer

basically it was the easiest, just put in an onload="functionName" into the iframe tag. (i'm guaranteed to be using IE 5 b/c of the app i'm working on).

anyway, for a more complete answer, including a possibly functional solution for NS check out:

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/7418

-me

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo