1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

JavaScript and CSS TROUBLE....NUBIE

I am gettin confussed with this image fading with JavaScript and CSS...I dont really understand where to find documentation and references for this...

I have seen this used many times

document.all[lObject].style.filter="Alpha(Opacity="+curOpacity+")"

but is all of this javascript??? probably a stupid question... the main thing i am wondering is the.....style.filter="Alpha()

where does this come from...ive looked everywhere for Alpha()....style.filter...etc....but i can not find this for javascript anywhere....Is this a combination of both. If it is is there any references that you know of that will be helpful.

PLEASE HELP....I AM DROWNING....THANKS IN ADVANCE
  3. No Profile Picture
    The New User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

style.filter is not a javascript function. Filter is a CSS attribute used for advanced dynamic filters in HTML, similar to some of those in Photoshop. The way JavaScript can edit CSS styles is by document.all[object].style (IE4+), or document.getElementById(object).style (IE5+ & NS6+). the CSS tag for the Alpha filter, which regulates opacity, is filter:Alpha(Opacity=?[, FinishOpacity=?, Style=?, StartX=?, StartY=?, FinishX=?, FinishY=?]). CSS styles can be found on the W3C site. Hope that helps.

--Neil

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo