1. No Profile Picture
    Nobody knows
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

JavaScript, MySQL and Forms

I need elp with something i'm working on. I have a form and each field in the form holds dynamic content that is pulled from mysql. What i would like to do is have it change based on the selection of another field without the user having to go to anohter page.

So if you choose fuit in the first drop down menu then the second would change to give you a listing of fruits. Then you choose apples from the second menu and the third menu would change to show the types of apples.

I know this is done using JavaScript but don't know where I can find a tutorial or something on it. I have limited ability with JavaScript but have wrote small bits of JavaScripts before and am no stranger to programming in general.

Can anybody point me in the right direction here?

Thanks
    Toby
  3. No Profile Picture

Talking Maybe this will help...

I know there's a way to do that.

Try: http://javascriptsource.internet.com

They have a fairly exhaustive list of scripts in javascript...
    Hope it helps...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Nobody knows

Thanks i did find exacly what i wanted except for one thing. The script that i found only allows for one feild on the form to be "dynamic" I need 8 fields to change ( 2 sets of four ).

Here's the script that i found and the website that was given to me,

http://javascript.internet.com/forms...drop-down.html

You'll notice that it's pretty much set-up for single field use. My only question here is how would i modify this to allow me to change a number of fields based on a single selection ( 4 on one select and 4 on another selection )

Thanks
    Toby

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo