1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

JQuery Accordion IE9 Issue

Hello! I was wondering if someone else has had this experience. I have an "Easy Accordion" jQuery plugin and it doesn't seem to work in IE9 until I turn on the Developer Tools and then it's fine. Also, Firebug Lite doesn't wanna come up until I turn on the Compatibility View. Strange huh? Here's the website:
    http://incedspokane.org/index.php/resources/resources

Anyone ever experience this before? Just curious. I've used the Easy Accordion on other sites and it worked just fine.

Thanks in advanced!!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

bump!
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Yeah, that is very strange.

The first thing to try is to remove the trailing comma from the end of this array (don't remove the comma that immediately follow the array).
    Code:
    titles:[ "TREATMENT PROVIDERS", "SUPPORT GROUPS", "THERAPY GROUPS", "CURRENT AFFILIATES", "DOWNLOADABLE GUIDE", "BOOKS", "",]
    If that alone doesn't work, try upgrading jQuery UI and/or jQuery.

P.S. It's bad to use empty paragraphs. You should give the <hr>s margins instead.

Comments on this post

• CBloss agrees
    Last edited by Kravvitz; April 25th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    Yeah, that is very strange.

The first thing to try is to remove the trailing comma from the end of this array (don't remove the comma that immediately follow the array).
    Code:
    titles:[ "TREATMENT PROVIDERS", "SUPPORT GROUPS", "THERAPY GROUPS", "CURRENT AFFILIATES", "DOWNLOADABLE GUIDE", "BOOKS", "",]
    If that alone doesn't work, try upgrading jQuery UI and/or jQuery.

P.S. It's bad to use empty paragraphs. You should give the <hr>s margins instead.
    Hey Kravvitz! Thank you for the response! I don't think it's that (our last one is doing the same thing, but works in IE). I think the jQuery needs updating.

Oh and I know about the empty p tags. We are using a CMS. It does that automatically. It drives me BONKERS! Thanks for the tip though.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo