1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

JQuery PreLoader

I'm looking for a jQuery preloader that includes an option to include the filename of the current file being loaded.

I'm basically looking for a format like this:

<--Progress Bar-->
    <--- % loaded --->
    Loading: <--File Name Being Loaded-->

Anybody know of anything?

Looking to support IE8+, FireFox 15+, Chrome 20+, Safari 5+, and Opera 12+.
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

If you do an online search for "jquery file upload"; you should see several examples of what your wanting to do.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by web_loone08
    If you do an online search for "jquery file upload"; you should see several examples of what your wanting to do.
    Right, but I really know nothing about jQuery so I was hoping there'd be an existing image pre-loader with one built in already, as opposed to needing to code one myself.
  7. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by HDFilmMaker2112
    I was hoping there'd be an existing image pre-loader with one built in already, as opposed to needing to code one myself.
    And there is... several, a search would revel several tutorials, that would show you how to use and set-up specific jquery plugins, that would was designed by someone... for this very thing. You are still going to have to learn how to implement the code into your page. It's not difficult, especially if you have any coding experience, at all. You just follow the step-by-step explanation; that most every jquery tutorial gives you.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by web_loone08
    And there is... several, a search would revel several tutorials, that would show you how to use and set-up specific jquery plugins, that would was designed by someone... for this very thing. You are still going to have to learn how to implement the code into your page. It's not difficult, especially if you have any coding experience, at all. You just follow the step-by-step explanation; that most every jquery tutorial gives you.
    I've scoured the internet and can't find a single Pre-Loader that has the filename that is loading shown. It's at best a progress bar and the percentage... no filename. Can't find it anywhere.

http://www.gayadesign.com/diy/queryloader2-preload-your-images-with-ease/ - No filename

http://www.inwebson.com/jquery/jpreloader-a-preloading-screen-to-preload-images/ - No filename

http://www.jquery4u.com/plugins/preload-image-plugins/ - None of those have filenames included either.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo