1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Remotely controlled Scrolling Banner

Hi Dev Shed member,

I've got a question on scrolling banner script.

Let me start with the main purpose of the script, its a usual scrolling banner which contain 4-5 images that rotate/fade within set of time.You can see www(dot)jobscentral(dot)com(dot)sg for the banner example (on top left). the hard part is that I want this image to be controlled by other people, means that these people have no right to change anything in the website, except the image inside the banner.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Give the options, on what advertisements they would like to see or what products they would like to be marketed / subjected to viewing. You could do that by having a opt-in option with the banner. Where end user could select a hand full of products/services they would be interesting in viewing and either save these opts to: a database, localStorage, or cookie. Then validate the opts (how ever you have them saved) and display banners accordingly. Something along those lines would be a win, win; the end user only views adverts, that are relevant to their desires and the banners are not just randomly marketed to individuals with undetermined viewing impressions.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo