1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Javascript Paypal Interaction (solved)

My answer for this question was solved, it cannot be done via Javascript. Though if anyone has any suggestions on how to make this work without doing some stuff manually or some advice or tips for the project as a whole as it stands, that would be helpful!

Original Questions & Post:

Project Outline:
    1. People pay to submit a name to "the roster"
    2. People pay to submit a vote for which name they want to win.
    3. The Roster and votes are updated with a 'graphical' progress bar that shows the new names on the list and how many paid votes it has.
    My problem is that I can't figure out how to do Step 3 without doing it manually, as "Submitting a Name" and "Voting" are actually 'paypal' purchases, and I am not even sure if it is possible for me to do Step 3 automatically, at least using Javascript and HTML5 on it's own, after the user's payment has been confirmed and they can now vote--just because all of that happens on paypal's end, between the user, the merchant and paypal.

Questions:

1. Is it and How, if so, possible using Javascript and HTML5, to have a contest where people pay cash and the roster/leger automatically updates to reflect this (without anything like php or some other server side language...).
    2. Is there any predefined javascript code or scripts out there for the above 3 tasks?
    3. Any ideas for a more 'efficient' voting fundraiser project that doesn't involve manually updating.
    Last edited by Ahna; September 1st, 2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Answer Solved

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo