1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Scrolling Images

Hey,

I'm a new member. I wasn't sure if I should post this in Java or here. I know there is limited use of the marquee code but have read mostly that jQuery is the way to go. Basically I have several images. These images are going to be contained in a table and I want them to cycle through while giving the user the option to go back or forward. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
    Joshua
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

jQuery is one of the most popular methods. One that I've used a lot that works well is the Nivo Slider. Search for a few things like that and you'll find what you're looking for.
  5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, JMcAuley.

There are a lot of jQuery plugins that do that kind of thing. Here are some of them.

P.S. Why are your images "going to be contained in a table"?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    jQuery is one of the most popular methods. One that I've used a lot that works well is the Nivo Slider. Search for a few things like that and you'll find what you're looking for.
    Thank you.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

JQuery is the answer to your question. JQuery is also supported by all browsers and keeps the site light because the images are called in rather than inserted within the document itself
  11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by shellygill
    [...] and keeps the site light because the images are called in rather than inserted within the document itself
    Assuming that's always true for the sake of discussion, how does that keep the site light? The images still have to be loaded at some point, don't they?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo