1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Selection dependent choices???

I need to be able to create a selection process for ordering that is dependent on the previous choices.

The site will be selling custom made pens, so first option is Style of pen, each style comes in various metal finishes (but not all styles come in all finishes), then after style & finish are chosen, wood type is avail, once again certain lighter colored woods will have a stain option (but obviously darker colors have no need of a stain).

What I would like to know is should I go with a drop-down menu theme or simply create a check-box type of selection process?

Either way it needs to be so that as soon as you make one selection, the following selection is specifically geared towards that selection & not just general.

Furthermore, as I am new to this I would also love to know how to code it into my site.
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Do an online search for "chained select menu" and/or "ajax chained select menu" (to pull dynamic product details, from a database).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by web_loone08
    Do an online search for "chained select menu" and/or "ajax chained select menu" (to pull dynamic product details, from a database).
    Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo