1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation

Hi guys,

I need to do a form that can be printed from a browser through a print button. I've learnt how to do the print button but now I realised that I need to do a Preview Print Page first before letting users print.

So I figured all I need is to create another form print preview page where it retrieves the previous information from the first form.

Can anyone just show me how to parse a piece of information from one form to another (in a different page that is)?

Thanks!!!!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The best way to do such things is using a server side script like PHP or Perl. There you can collect form data and process it any way you like (output it to HTML to give the user a preview, mail it to someone, send it to a database, etc.).
    However this implies that your hosting server allows such scripting (check with your provider).

I am not sure, but perhaps there is also a way in Javascript to put the form data into a cookie, store it at the clients PC and retrieve it again and output it at the 'preview' page you need to have.
    This of course needs the user having Javascript and cookies enabled.

hth
    Gerhard

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo