1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Get My Slider to Autoplay?

I have a simple, non-javascript slider. Just css and html, from what I can tell.

I don't have much experience with javascript or jquery and most of it is very confusing to me.

Having said that, is there any way to get my slider to autoplay? To switch from slide to slide every 3 seconds or so? I know it may well require JS or jQ, but if it does, I'm going to need some hand-holding here... :s

The website is www.cleantelligent.com. You can get the code there.

Thanks so much for any help you can give!
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Looks like the slideshow on the page you posted; is using the "jQuery Cycle Plugin" to do this. Do you already have a slideshow or do you just want one similar to this? If it's the latter; just do an online search for "jQuery sliders". They are usually fairly easey to implement; once you get the plugin author's direction down. And... you could make a Non-JS/jQuery slider; using CSS3 with transitions, animations, and :active states; but it could be more difficult to code the end user controls, although..., it's not undo-able.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I did not know that I already had a jquery plugin for this. I'm okay with keeping what I have, I just need to turn on autoplay so they switch every few seconds... am I missing a setting?

I can change the slider, but we like the branding and look of what we currently use.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo