1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Trying to apply "accordion" behavior to a particular item on a website.

I was given a job as "Webmaster" at my school out of my new boss's desperation to fill the position, even though I told her I'm not really good at html, and i'm mostly a hardware/software/network support guy.

So far, one month in, I've been able to handle most changes and revisions necessary, but I've hit my first snag;

You click on "what learning community is right for you?" and it automatically downloads a document of the same name. My boss wants an "accordion" type of behavior that adds a drop down box with text providing context for the document after clicking on the "which community is right for you box" that also provides something to click on to download the document.

The behavior can be seen on the same website on a different page, here (just click on one of the items, like the "engineering " it will drop down a window with text this is the behavior I need to apply to the item above):

Thank you for reading. I'm sorry for being a n00b, but I'm stuck and could really use any help or insight possible.

The post wouldn't go through, as i'm not allowed to post URL's. I don't know how to show the behavior i'm talking about without posting the URL...

Sincerely,
    nclayn
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, nclayn.

As you found out new users are restricted from posting URLs until they have made 5 posts. You may need to get around this by leaving out the "http://" and putting a space before each ".". Yes this rule is annoying, but the administrators say it's necessary for limiting spam.

*** Thread Moved to JavaScript forum ***
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo