1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Very Ueful

Very useful article... i will be able to use this code immediately... key recognition adds a lot to the user experience on a web page...
  3. No Profile Picture

Usefulness of this...

The first part of this series (Understanding the JavaScript Event Model Part 1) was very useful -- being able to use JavaScript to watch for form-related events can *assist* the user interface a great deal.

For those users who have JavaScript enabled in their browsers (or available to them).

But all JavaScript error-checking should be added as a convenience, and forms should be checked server side. As far as this article (Part 2) is concerned, almost everything discussed is very browser-dependent, forcing the developer to jump through hoops to determine which object model to use... even assuming the user has JavaScript available to them! I'm not sure that the contents of the second article are as helpful, except in a tightly controlled situation such as an internal web application where certain browser configurations can be enforced by management.
  5. No Profile Picture

I've been looking for this

I've searched for hours for this exact information. Spells it out for me very well. Nice job.
  7. No Profile Picture

Doesn't work

Hi,

This example doesn't work with Netscape 7.0 on MacOs 9.x. But it works on Windows2000 and Internet Explorer 6.0.

/Peter
  9. No Profile Picture
    Ducani

Understanding The JavaScript Event Model (part 2)

Understanding The JavaScript Event Model \(part 2\)

In this concluding article on the JavaScript event model, find out how the Event object can be used to do ever more complex things, including manipulating the dimensions of a Web page and tracking and intercepting keyboard and mouse events.

Please discuss this article in this thread. You can read the article here .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo