1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

UNICODE TO arabic

Hi All,

I have a searcher in my form , on click of searcher, it displays a popup window with a list of cities in arabic language. the functionality is when i click on any of the city in the list the value should be populated in the text field in the parent window and the pop up window should get closed. I am using window.returnValue for returning the chosen value

Issue : the value returned to the parent window from the pop up window has been changed to unicode . its like
    "%U0672%U0679%U0674". its not populating the arabic literal.

Kindly let me know either how to convert this unicode in to arabic or let me know how to return the value in arabic instead of unicode from the pop up window to parent window

Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi All,

got the solution, the below code works for me.

var cityAr = document.forms[0].citySearch.value;
    var city_ar = cityAr.replace(/%/g,'\\');
    eval("document.forms[0].citySearch.value=\""+city_ar+"\"");

Originally Posted by itzzmeyoyo
    Hi All,

I have a searcher in my form , on click of searcher, it displays a popup window with a list of cities in arabic language. the functionality is when i click on any of the city in the list the value should be populated in the text field in the parent window and the pop up window should get closed. I am using window.returnValue for returning the chosen value

Issue : the value returned to the parent window from the pop up window has been changed to unicode . its like
    "%U0672%U0679%U0674". its not populating the arabic literal.

Kindly let me know either how to convert this unicode in to arabic or let me know how to return the value in arabic instead of unicode from the pop up window to parent window

Thanks in advance.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo