February 6th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Somebody Pllllease throw me a bone here.....
I have one of those nifty scrolling content scripts that I really want to make work but I cant seem to get the script to stay in a precise location on different resolutions.
I have used all absolute positioning, but for some darn reason, the layers shift when I change resolutions.
Everything lines up perfectly on 800 x 600 but switch to another resolution and it's not positioned correctly.
I have tried tweaking the code and I must admit I am new to DHTML, but haven't been successful. I have also tried 2 other scrolling scripts and they do the same thing.
Can someone help me out of this mess? No one has an answer for me on any of my mailing lists.
Check out what I mean at http://zoo.org/test.htm.
Also, in Netscape 4.7 the content breaks to one word per line, which is perplexing...
HELP Please!! I would be most grateful!
February 7th, 2001, 02:32 PM
That's a very nice site.
I don't know whether you have tried to place it within a table cell and use relative positioning. If you use absolute positioning the div stays in the same position but everything else re-scales when you change screen resolution.
The problem is slightly worse than you have mentioned. I tried it with Netscape 6 and the text in the scroller doesn't show at all.
In the long run it might be quicker to have a look around and see if you can find yet another script or a free java applet. The applet should be browser independent as long as java is activated.