1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Mac printing with JavaScript !

Hello All,

A question that seems to remain unanswered around the web.
    That is printing a page via JavaScript on Mac browsers.

This code works on other platforms:

<a href="#" onclick="javascript:window.print()">print page</a>

On Mac however this doesn’t work. Has anyone out there got a workaround or an explanation on why this doesn’t work, as there is very little information on the web about this problem.

Any comments, help or scraps of information will be of great help, to many developers I'm sure!

Kind regards,
    Andrew Stone.
    http://www.stonie.net
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

explanation: the ports of MSIE to mac are total crap. MSIE/Mac is a browser of its (their) own, not related to the win**** versions aside from their names. they support different javascript versions and have different rendering engines and javascript interpreters.

the netscape versions work most times since they are built from the same sources. does it really not work on netscape on a mac? and which netscape? i played with 4.05, 4.5, 4.74 on Mac about one year ago and each was very different from the others

workaround: unknown. do you know if you can use "applescript" in html pages on the mac?

i don´t have access to a mac anymore but at my former company we had some and i made all my pages work on them too - but all with restrictions

for now i make all my pages work without javascript too and this is also what mac users get. sorry, ppl, but it´s neither your nor apple´s fault. it´s browser-wars, episode II

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo