1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Passing a PHP generated JavaScript variable from one page to another

Hi all - please advise if you can!

Here's my problem: I'm using PHP to grab the "date last modified" for a given file on my web server, and then putting that information into a hidden textbox so that I can pass it to JavaScript in the same page. Now what I want to do is send that JavaScript variable to a different page and display it on that page. I would do this using PHP, but the file is .html and my server isn't set up to have PHP process .html files (for a few reasons). For some reason, the "date last modified" JavaScript command doesn't work on my server, so I'm trying this work around. My apache server isn't set up to use SSI to get the date last modified either. Any ideas on how to get the "date last modified" JavaScript string to get passed to a new page where it can be printed out? I appreciate any insight,

--Jeff
  3. 300lb Bench!
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you're using php, why can't you simply store your info in session?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hmm - I never really thought of that. Our header is dynamic for every page, so that would probably work. I'll see if I can work it out, and if I have any problems I'll reply again. Thanks for the suggestion,

--Jeff

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo