1. No Profile Picture
    nerd
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

including navigation file wrecks DHTML

Hey guys,

I'm close to finishing my first php powered site !but i've run into a snag with netscape 4.x. On my page, I have include("navigation.php");. which is my nav bar, then later on down the page i have 2 DHTML calendars (bazillyo's spiffy calendars). The calendars work fine in every other browser, and also works fine in netscape 4.x when i take out the include file! But when I put the include file back in, the popup calendars loose all their formatting!!

In the <head> section have two <link rel...> css files. One is the page's formatting, and the other one is the DHTML calendar's css file. It's like the calendar can't see the css file when I have the include there!!

any ideas?
  3. /(bb|[^b]{2})/

Is there a css class included through the navigation.php file that could interfere with your other css classes?
  5. No Profile Picture
    nerd

hey onslaught -nope, but there's plenty of javascript. are "include" files loaded first before anything else in php? hey wait a minute... since i included the navigation.php file as a php file, will php try and parse the file?! there's nothing but HTML and a call to a javascript function in navigation.php....
  7. No Profile Picture
    nerd

crap nope that wasn't it. i tried to include it as a txt file. tried just inserting the navigation.php file right into the code - so the issue is it just doesn't like what's in my site's navigation!? this is driving me up a wall!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Maybe you already tried this, but sometimes I'll view the page in the browser and save as... then open the saved html in a text editor. Sometimes, the problem becomes obvious when all the php is removed and all you see is the resulting html. Could be a missing closing tag, a missing quote... any number of simple things. Make a few adjustments (noting what they are) until the page displayes properly. Then go back to the php and adjust accordingly.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.
    strrev ("grebmil")
  11. No Profile Picture
    nerd

grebmil - that's precisely what i just did and i seem to have come up with a bizarre solution (what else can you do with a bizarre problem!). in the navigation.php file there's a call to javascript: <script language="JavaScript1.2">mmLoadMenus();</script>.
    so i, in desperation inserted : <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/js">mmLoadMenus();</script>. and now it works. i dunno...5 hours down the toilet... heh
  13. No Profile Picture
    nerd

scratch that last post dang it. i didn't notice but the navigation bar stopped working. ug. back the drawing board..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo