Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pen and Paper

What ever happened to the good old pen and paper? Java this Java that. Just sit your *** down and right man. I don't know who this mad man is writing this, but is scares me. If you want to comunicate with people yell loud of buy a can of spray paint. Java is not the way...It is the way of the Devil!
  3. No Profile Picture

Re: Pen and Paper

whatever happened to spelling and grammar, especially when you are trying to tell someone how to 'right' - dumbass
  5. No Profile Picture

I am working on MySql and php3 database design. Anything that helps me is a bonus and muchly appreciated. Why do people have to make crass comments about something that someone has put a considerable amount of time into developing for open source use.
    <br>
    <br>
    Keep up the good work. This is great. One day maybe I'll have something to offer :)
    <br>
    <br>
    Larry
  7. No Profile Picture

An excellent article!
  9. No Profile Picture

Well I think its a great idea as I use a massive javascript array (http://test.simplehq.com/easydots) that is pulled in as include("file.htm") now this causes big problems when A) passing data and B) using cookies etc.

Using a pure php method will make everything so easy and Im going to pirt it at once.

Thanks a lot for the sweet idea.
  11. No Profile Picture

Kinda Buggy

I have tested this code and it seems a bit buggy to me. The tutorial also seems incomplete.

I know for a fact that the javascript function selectAll() doesnt work at all

Am I the only one that is experiencing this?
    James Hicks
  13. No Profile Picture

boggled by function calls

Hopelessly boggled here. I can't figure out where the portion of the script that describes all the functions and variables goes. I went to the javascript.internet.com site and looked at the code (a fair amount of it) which, per instructions, goes into the header. I viewed source on this devshed page and don't see it. Is the <script>....</script> also embedded within PHP? I grasp the concept of bringing data out of mySQL to populate the arrays - the article does a very nice job of explaining that. But I am in total darkness about where/how to place the script.
    <br>
    <br>
    This may be an incredibly dumb question that should be perfectly obvious. But at least I can spell "write" right. :-)
  15. No Profile Picture

Re: Kinda Buggy

got the selectall() to work after some erstwhile hacking but the store function or trying to pass the values as a usable array's doing my nut any answers out there>
    cheers
    justin
  17. No Profile Picture

Re: boggled by function calls

Thank you~
  19. No Profile Picture

Great article.

This is what I was looking for, specially after trying to fill 2 JS drop down menus with PHP unsuccessfully.

People will appreciate it when you have over 20 options and over 100 selections. That is a lot to write without a DB
  21. No Profile Picture

sdfds

ssdfsdfsdfsdsddsf
  23. No Profile Picture

almost there

This is a great article. Thank you.
    <br>
    <br>
    I got my app built, only now I want to submit the list on the right to a php script as an array.
    <br>
    <br>
    Is there a simple way to dynamically create input tags at submit time?
  25. No Profile Picture

Two menus same page?

First, great work. This was immensely helpful for a newbie.

I got the thing to work pretty much on the first try. My problem now is it doesn't work twice on the same page in the same form.

1. I have one database driven menu switch at the beginning of the form and another further down in the form.

2. Once I put the second one in the first one stops working and the second one works.

3. I've tried changing the variable names, etc. to fix this, but any help that can be provided will be invaluable. Is this even possible on the same page.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Troy
  27. No Profile Picture

Re: Two menus same page?

Ok,
    Maybe this is not what is needed but it works.
    I suggest since there are a lot of javascript tree's around you have to use two diffent types at the same page, so they dont use the same functions and variables.
    so they dont interup each other work!

Hope it works
  29. No Profile Picture

Re: Two menus same page?

What I'm looking to do is create two drop down list from a mysql database. One feeding the other i.e. Model of cars selecting make of car. Can you help me out?

Thanks,
    Ed
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo