1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

populating text field with javascript?

I wanted to populate a text field and possibly refresh the page so it can output a query correctly (keeping the populated data so coldfusion will see that data and populate the field correctly when it interprets the code?). My reasoning behind it is i have a page that querys a database selecting everything in a table. (using coldfusion) then populates a dropdown with a certain column of that data (on load). I want it to populate the text field depending on which option you select in the dropdown (with another column of data). Is this possible? thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

is this possible at all? please help me i really need to know as its urgent =/ , thanks =)))
  5. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Code:
    <form>
    <input type="text" name="foo" value="" /><br />
    <select onchange="this.form.foo.value=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value">
      <option ...>
    </select>
    </form>
  7. No Profile Picture

i realize that, but if i populate it with #sftr_sn# (coldfusion column i want it to populate w/) it wont show up as a SN itll show up as #sftr_sn# because cold fusion hasnt interpreted that, it is just showing up on your computer, never interpreted by the server =/. any ideas? (im thinking maybe make an array w/ that whole clumn and then just match up the dropdown liste # w/ the array full of serial #'s # (too bad u cant combine php and ColdFusion). anyway any other help would be appriciated. Thanks So much.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo