1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Getting ListView, <ul> <li> <asp:label> values into a javascript array.

I have been working on this for two days. I have managed to get my array working, it is filling with my database objects, but, I cannot extract the values of my <li> elements, which are made up of a few hyperlimks, and labels(with ids). My array is being filled with elements, but the values arent getting pulled out. I have a watch set on my listview(healthCenters), which has an <ul>(myList) in it. The innerHTML has this as the value when I look at it in my Watch window:
    <a id="healthCenters_hlCenterName_0" href="searchResponse.aspx?LocationID=253">Philadelphia District health Center #10</a>

The name is a hyperlink in a <li> element of my <ul>.
    How do I get to this value? Or do I have my values buried too deep in the HTML for my array to extract? I have labels in the <li> elements of my <ul> that make up my listView. Here is the value of one of the labels from the watch window:

Type of Center: <span id="healthCenters_lblTypeofCenter_0">FQHC</span>

The value I need is "FQHC". The value of the outterText is:
    Type of Center: FQHC.

For the outterHTML on the CenterName, I got this:
    <li><a id="healthCenters_hlCenterName_0" href="searchResponse.aspx?LocationID=253">Philadelphia District health Center #10</a></li>

Here is my original code:
    function AddData() {
    var locationDB = document.getElementById('myList').getElementsByTagName('li');
    var locationAry = [];

// fetch locations returned by database
    var items = locationDB;
    if (items.length == 0) {
    // loop through found locations in the database
    for (var i = 0; i < items.length; i++) {
    var locationid = items[i].getAttribute('lblLocationID');
    var healthCenterName = items[i].getAttribute('CenterName');
    var typeofCenter = items[i].getAttribute('TypeofCenter');
    var address = items[i].getAttribute('Address');
    var city = items[i].getAttribute('City');
    var state = items[i].getAttribute('State');
    var zipCode = items[i].getAttribute('ZipCode');
    var phone = items[i].getAttribute('PhoneNumber');
    var url = items[i].getAttribute('Website');
    var services = items[i].getAttribute('PatientServices');
    var distance = parseFloat(items[i].getAttribute('DistanceMiles'));
    var location = new Microsoft.Maps.Location(parseFloat(items[i].getAttribute('Lat')), parseFloat(items[i].getAttribute('Long')));
    var description = address + '<br/>' + city + '<br/>' + state + '<br/>' + phone + '<br/>' + url + '<br/>' + distance;
    // push location to array for use in map viewing
    var pin1 = new Microsoft.Maps.Pushpin(new Microsoft.Maps.Location(location));
    pin1.Title = healthCenterName;
    pin1.Description = description;
    Microsoft.Maps.Events.addHandler(pin1, 'click', displayInfobox);

3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You want to get the value of an element but you didn't post your HTML.

Can't you just provide ids to the elements and getElementById('').value?
  5. No Profile Picture

Here is the HTML. I want to get the values of the asp: controls that are contained in my <li> elements in my <ListView>

<asp:ListView ID="healthCenters" runat="server" DataKeyNames="CenterName,LocationID,Lat,Long">
    <LayoutTemplate >
    <ul id="myList">
    <asp:PlaceHolder ID="itemPlaceholder" runat="server" />
    <ItemTemplate >
    <li><asp:HyperLink ID="hlCenterName" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("CenterName") %>' NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("LocationID", "searchResponse.aspx?LocationID={0}") %>' ></asp:HyperLink></li>
    <li style="list-style:none">Type of Center: <asp:Label ID="lblTypeofCenter" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("TypeofCenter") %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none"><asp:Label ID="lblAddress" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Address") %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none"><asp:Label ID="lblCity" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("City") %>' /> , <asp:Label ID="lblState" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("State") %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none"><asp:Label ID="lblZipCode" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("ZipCode") %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none">Phone:<asp:Label ID="lblPhoneNumber" runat="server" Text='<%# String.Format("{0###) ###-####}",Convert.ToInt64(Eval("PhoneNumber"))) %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none"><asp:HyperLink ID="webSite" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("Website") %>' Text='<%# Eval("Website") %>'>HyperLink</asp:HyperLink></li>
    <li style="list-style:none">Patient Services: <asp:Label ID="lblPatientServices" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PatientServices") %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none">Distance: <asp:Label ID="lblRadius" runat="server" Visible="True" Text='<%# String.Format("{0:0.##}", Eval("DistanceMiles")) + " " + "miles." %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none"><asp:Label ID="lblLocationID" runat="server" Visible="false" Text='<%# Eval("LocationID") %>' /></li>
    <li style="list-style:none"><asp:Label ID="lblLat" runat="server" Visible="False" Text='<%# Eval("Lat") %>' /><asp:Label ID="lblLng" runat="server" Visible="False" Text='<%# Eval("Long") %>' /></li>
    <br />

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo