1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Load in iframes or Ajax

I believe that everyone has good reasons to implement ajax and /or iframes. Depending on ones goals ajax might be superior over iframes and vice versa. So I really don't want to re-start the discussion "ajax vs iframes". So all I ask is your recommendation to this particular problem.

When it comes to the indexing by search engines, this is not an issue in my application as the implementation of ajax or iframes takes place in a restricted, password protected area such as an intranet.

Each page that is loaded makes use of different javascript code and plugins for jquery. The only library they have in common is the jquery library. I'm talking about over 100 pages (same server, same domain), each with its dedicated js plugins and code.
    Would you load these contents in iframes or with ajax?
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by smatsa65
    I believe that everyone has good reasons to implement ajax and /or iframes. Depending on ones goals ajax might be superior over iframes and vice versa. So I really don't want to re-start the discussion "ajax vs iframes". So all I ask is your recommendation to this particular problem.

When it comes to the indexing by search engines, this is not an issue in my application as the implementation of ajax or iframes takes place in a restricted, password protected area such as an intranet.

Each page that is loaded makes use of different javascript code and plugins for jquery. The only library they have in common is the jquery library. I'm talking about over 100 pages (same server, same domain), each with its dedicated js plugins and code.
    Would you load these contents in iframes or with ajax?
    In short, "neither"; I would use a server side language and create an external file or use a SSI (with specific query strings) and validate those query strings; so that each specific library is used, based on the page you want it to be used in. Then add this external file (in PHP... use: include, require, include_once, require_once, etc.) to each of your 100 pages and define query string as needed. This should do the trick - best of luck.
  5. No Profile Picture
    http://stealthwd.ca
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

My companies CMS is driven by AJAX. You can still link to the content so google can index it too.

The only time we use an iframe is for uploading files, other then that they aren't needed. Check out our website, links in my sig. If you want to talk more about AJAX stuff like me know.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo