1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Use a Class Instead of a Script to Load the Function!

EDITED:

- I currently got my rainbow effect to work by using Jquery and by using classes without any lags! YAY me! Im learning.

However, i am trying to use my script for my forum and this is where i need the help.

In my code, i need to use a script to load up the effect rather than using a class name..

Instead of doing -
    Code:
    <span class="rain"><script type="text/javascript">rainbow('rain','Money');</script></span>
    It will load like this:
    Code:
    <span class="rain">Money</span>
    The reason why i need classes is because if i want to do the effect for multiple users then they need their own class.

For now it works like this:
    Code:
    <span class="rain"><script type="text/javascript">rainbow('rain','Money');</script></span>

<span class="rainbow"><script type="text/javascript">rainbow('rainbow','Testing');</script></span>

But i want it to be like this:
    Code:
    <span class="rain">Money</span>
    <span class="rainbow">Testing</span>
    Last edited by ide; July 18th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
  3. A Not To Shabby Code Smurf
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by ide
    Hello,

I am having JS troubles once again and it's the JS for rainbow text animated isn't working properly. It only does the affect once then the username does not work anymore.

Example:

1) VIP Group have the Rainbow Style

2) I am in that Group

3) Since i posted last in my shoutbox i will have the rainbow effect.

4) Everyone else's including mines username after will come up black rather than rainbowish.

Does anyone have a clue why?! It's very frustration. I try using different JS code but i get the same thing.

DO i need to use JQuery instead? Or can JQuery be a reason on why it only working once.
    Did you change something from your original code; if so, just re-edit it? What kind of error(s) are you getting in your browser's developer console?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by web_loone08
    Did you change something from your original code; if so, just re-edit it? What kind of error(s) are you getting in your browser's developer console?
    I updated my post! If you need the source code then please PM me. I do not want tons of people seeing the code! lol
    Last edited by ide; July 18th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo