1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unit testing tool for Javascript applications

Hello..
    Could someone please tell me whether I can use Java Language to develop an automatic unit testing tool for Javascript functions or whether I should go for Javascript itself?
    And may I please know all difficulties I might face if I would be using Java instead of Javascript itself to develop the testing tool.

Many many thanks,
    Dani_zone
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Dani_zone
    Hello..
    Could someone please tell me whether I can use Java Language to develop an automatic unit testing tool for Javascript functions or whether I should go for Javascript itself?
    And may I please know all difficulties I might face if I would be using Java instead of Javascript itself to develop the testing tool.

Many many thanks,
    Dani_zone
    first check out this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unit_testing_frameworks#JavaScript

As for Javascript test, it is really upto you, I assume you are not really writing javascript unit test library but you meant using Javascript unit test module and run in JAVA (or any other language). If so then JAVA is just trigger source. If you or your team is comfortable with running JAVA then using JAVA to run Javascript unit test is OK.
    If you really want to compare with Javascript unit test, you need to make sure what you mean by Javascript unit test, are you talking about client-side Javascript unit test, or server-side javascript unit test (such as NodeJS). FYI I am not talking about the code that being tested - I assume testing codes are all client-side javascript.

You can test client-side javascript from server-side code. JSLint for example, you can trigger jslint from a server by JAVA,C,Phyton,PHP and many more. (Yes, I know JsLint is not really unit test, but the concept is same)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo