1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Customization of page turning script turn.js (javascript)

I'm looking at this book pages turning script: Turn.js: The page flip effect in HTML5
    There are many options for customization, however it seems there isn't an option for what I want to do.

The way it is now, in order to turn a page, you have to hover somewhere near the corners.
    Only then the page corner turns and you somehow guess that by clicking you can go to the next page.

What I want is to make all the area clickable; wherever the mouse hovers, inside the book, one corner or another should bend.
    It seems all CSS for page turning is inside turn.js file

I'm looking for the code line where the corner size is defined. It could be in the library, I don't know, anyway I can't find it..

If somebody can find the code line to be edited, please let me know.
    Thanks
  3. Plays with fire
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

without digging through the code and testing this, I found:

X={cornerSize:100}
    Maybe change that to see what it does.

Honestly, I think what you're proposing sounds like bad usability. You're making half a page trigger the turn effect and eliminating the ability to zoom. Also, I've built a few of these in Flash way back when and my customers ended up hating them. They're slow and gimmicky. The novelty wore off quickly when their customers just wanted to read the content without futzing with the interface. Just my opinion, though.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thanks for helping out here!
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks, you're right, I could find the cornerSize:100 but even if I change it to 200 or 300, for some reason the situation on the page doesn't change- the click-able size stays the same.
    Why is that so....?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo