1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Can Javascript Do This ?

Javascript Folks,

I tried getting php do a Javascript task:
    How To Redirect User To His Own Browsing History File On His Own HDD ?
    And so, can Javascript do what I tried getting php to do over there in that thread ?
    If so then care to show a code sample over here ?

Also, if you type this in your Chrome then you can see your browsing history:
    http://chrome://history/
    But where does Chrome actually save your browsing history on your hdd ?
    I asked this and more questions over there:
    Where Your browsers Save Your browsing Histories ?
    I seriously need answers to my questions mentioned in the above thread which got locked. And so do reply here instead.

Thanks!
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; June 3rd, 2018 at 06:31 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Question

Another question. Back in 2004 when del.icio.us came along as the world's first social bookmarking site where you upload your bookmarks to your online account to access your bookmarks from any computer in the world.
    I signed-up. When I logged-in to my account, I got message that del.icio.us is checking my bookmarks or something and auto uploading them. Or, I was prompted to consent the upload and did so by clicking a link or button (most likely a link) and the uploading auto started.
    I was not shown any webform nor did I have to select the file to attach to the form. It's as if the del.icio.us script knew where to look in my hdd and grabbed the bookmarks list file and auto uploaded it to their mysql db.
    Now, how can I do this with Javascript ?
    I need to extract the user's (client side) bookmarks and browsing histories from his hdd (from the location where Fire Fox, Chrome, etc. houses the bookmarks and browsing history file) onto my mysql db (server-side) on a remote server ?
    I need to know if all this was done by Javascript or not. And if so, then I need to see a codes sample from you seniors on how to achieve this task.

Thank You!
    Last edited by UniqueIdeaMan; June 3rd, 2018 at 06:40 AM.
  5. Impoverished Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Locking your threads is not an indication that you should keep asking the same questions until you get answers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo