1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

LDAP fails when trying to connect with Remote PC

Hi all,

I am currently having problems with LDAP when I try to access it from a remote computer. When I try to connect in the local computer however, it works properly.

Here is my setup:

Server I want to access: FQDN: sccmdc.sccm.com (It is an Active Directory, Win Server 2008 x64)

Client I use: FQDN: client (not part of the domain, Win Server 2008 x86)

Firewalls are both off

Essentially, this is my code:

IADs *pObject;
    HRESULT hr; // Initialize COM.
    CoInitialize(NULL);
    hr =ADsGetObject(L"LDAP://sccmdc/DC=sccm,DC=com", IID_IADs, (void**) &pObject);

cout << "NOO" << endl;

if(SUCCEEDED(hr))
    {
    // Use the object.
    cout << "YEHEY" << endl; // Release the object. pObject->Release(); } // Uninitialize COM.

CoUninitialize();

IADs *pObject;

HRESULT hr;

// Initialize COM.

CoInitialize(NULL);

hr = ADsGetObject(L"LDAP://sccmdc/DC=sccm,DC=com",

IID_IADs,

(void**) &pObject);

cout << "NOO" << endl;

if(SUCCEEDED(hr))

{

// Use the object.

cout << "YEHEY" << endl;

// Release the object.

pObject->Release();

}

// Uninitialize COM.

CoUninitialize();

When I run it in the local computer itself (sccmdc), I get both "NOO" and "YEHEY". When I try to run it in the client, I don't get the "YEHEY".

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is my LDAP string wrong? Do I need to configure other things?

Thank you!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi all,

Just an update, I found out what the error code is returned when I try to access it. It returns: 0x8007052E. Which means bad username / password.

I'm quite confused by this since the username / password I am submitting is correct. I tried with the NAA account and the Administrator account, but both fails.

I even tried adding the client computers to the domain and they still don't work.

Now I tried doing something, and the weird part is it works.

In the Server I try to access, there is an account named "Administrator" with password "P@ssw0rd123456".

What I did was create a similar account in one of the client computers ("Administrator" with password "P@ssw0rd123456") and tried doing the same thing only instead of supplying explicit Username and Password, I tried to access it using only current credentials.

And it works!!

I'm not really sure what I am doing wrong. Can you please tell me if my the parameters I pass is correct?

LDAP String: "LDAP://sccmdc/DC=sccm,DC=com"

Username: "sccm\lean.alcabasa"

Password: "P@ssw0rd"

Thank you!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo