1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

LDAP on OS X Server 10.3

I'm running OS X Server and I'm try to set up the LDAP server so that I can access it and edit it with an LDAP client like LDAP browser or PHPLDAPadmin. I can't seem to connect to the server or login to it, although it is running. I suspect that it has something to do with the slapd.conf, ldap.conf and other configuration files. Any pointers or help with this. There is a Netinfo bridge built into the system. I really want to use it only to access the cn=users group and also a cn=people group that I added to maintain an address book.

Thanks.
  3. Chris Larivee

Are you the administrator of said LDAP server? If so you should be able to specify a bind context or create a user with an ACL that would allow you permissions to edit lists through a browser. You should have specified an admin when you created the server - have you tried binding with that set of credentials?
  5. No Profile Picture

Follow up

Originally Posted by ldap4u
    Are you the administrator of said LDAP server? If so you should be able to specify a bind context or create a user with an ACL that would allow you permissions to edit lists through a browser. You should have specified an admin when you created the server - have you tried binding with that set of credentials?
    I would be happy to share the contents of my ldap.conf and slapd.conf files. Are there other config files that I need to worry about? I have been able to get the server running again, but I can't bind with any type of credentials. Help appreciated. I could set up a Webmin acount for you if you wanted to snoop around, although the File Browser doesn't seem to be working from a remote browser, probably the Java installed on the remote machine.

/sds