1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ShadowLastChange not being updated by non Linux clients?

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the shadowLastChange attribute is needed by Linux for the issuing of password warnings? I know that its value is read but the scenario I have is a mixed platform environment consisting of Solaris, HPUX AIX and Linux clients. It seems that only the Linux pam updates this attribute and all the other Operating systems are able to issue warnings without reading it?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rod
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

solution - remove shadow attributes

Well we managed to get a step further. By removing all shadow related attributes on the Directory Server, the Linux server configured with pam ldap started working (issuing time to expiry when logging in) - without the need for the shadowLastChange . Just posting this reply to my own message in case it helps someone else struggling with the same sort of issue.

Regards

Rod

Originally Posted by rodallen69
    Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the shadowLastChange attribute is needed by Linux for the issuing of password warnings? I know that its value is read but the scenario I have is a mixed platform environment consisting of Solaris, HPUX AIX and Linux clients. It seems that only the Linux pam updates this attribute and all the other Operating systems are able to issue warnings without reading it?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rod

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo