1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem with view children in tree

I use Sun One Directory server 5.2 on the Windows 2003 platform.
    I have object “country” with exclamation mark and when I try open it in server console, I receive error message:
    “The selected object has 6453 children.
    Only the first 5000 will be displayed.”

At the same time my perfomance configured to "Unlimited"
    Can anybody any ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your using an account other than the "cn=Directory Manager" so the return limit keeps you from returning more than 5000 entries. You have two options; one, is the increase the default return limit ns-slapdreturnlimit which can be done through the admin console or two, set the nsReturnLimit on the user account with which your performing the search
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ldapswandog
    Your using an account other than the "cn=Directory Manager" so the return limit keeps you from returning more than 5000 entries. You have two options; one, is the increase the default return limit ns-slapdreturnlimit which can be done through the admin console or two, set the nsReturnLimit on the user account with which your performing the search
    I use account=admin and account=CN=Directory Manager, and I have similar problem for two accounts.
    In additional, in
    admin_console/configuration/perfomence/client control LDAP settings I have all limit in Unlimited.
    Where are parametrs your said:
    ns-slapdreturnlimit and nsReturnLimit.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you are using "cn=Directory Manager" then there is no search or return limit. the values you see in the console only affect non-admin accounts. So my next guess would be the lap browser and/or client your using has return limits. nsslapd-returnlimit is located in the dse.ldif file and nsReturnLimit is an attribute that you can set on a non-admin account so that the account can override the default settings. Again if your using the DM account then the return limits set on the Directory are not your problem, it must be in the client configuration.
  9. No Profile Picture

If you are using "cn=Directory Manager" then there is no search or return limit. the values you see in the console only affect non-admin accounts. So my next guess would be the lap browser and/or client your using has return limits. nsslapd-returnlimit is located in the dse.ldif file and nsReturnLimit is an attribute that you can set on a non-admin account so that the account can override the default settings. Again if your using the DM account then the return limits set on the Directory are not your problem, it must be in the client configuration.
    I have error about limit of entries in SunOne Server Admin Console. If I use other LDAP Browsers and Administrators (e.g. java browser or Softera LDAP Admin) I have not error.
    I have not nsslapd-returnlimit in my dse.ldif fail.
    I use cn=Directory Manager user
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

my mistake, it is nsslapd-sizelimit and there can be one defined for each DB in the Directory instance. Again these values will not change the behavior of the admin console. For performance reasons, the Console for Directory Server displays only 5000 results, even when you have configured the Directory Server to return more than 5000 results.
  13. No Profile Picture

Red face

my mistake, it is nsslapd-sizelimit and there can be one defined for each DB in the Directory instance. Again these values will not change the behavior of the admin console. For performance reasons, the Console for Directory Server displays only 5000 results, even when you have configured the Directory Server to return more than 5000 results.
    ldapswandog

Thank you very march.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo