July 29th, 2004, 08:43 AM
LDAP filter not giving results
I have just recently taken on the challenge on understanding how to use LDAP using PHP.
This is my second day into writting a script for it and I have already hit bumps.
I've used the PHP script from ww.php.net. It connects fine. It looks in the right folders but my searches keep returning 0 results when I know they have information in them
I will post the code on here if people would like to look @ it.
I've tried cn=*, sn=*, mail=* and have returned still no results.
Thanks in advance people!!
July 29th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Please help. its still only showing 0 results..
the LDAP server is windows 2000 and the PHP runs on a win 2000 server using IIS.
July 29th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Its ok now... i discovered the reason why.
The DA allows anonymous binding BUT wont show now results unless you have a valid login.
July 29th, 2004, 10:53 AM
get a valid login then
also please DO NOT expect an answer after an hour of posting.
July 30th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Ya, i did realise this part of the forum isnt as active as other ones. Even then you gotta wait for someone that might kno the answer.
Originally Posted by Viper_SB
Thxs anyway, i used one of the database's login's and it then started to produce results.
I thought it was strange because it accepts anonymous binding but doesn't display results unless you use a valid login.